Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 193 - I'm sorry.

It all started when you wouldn't tell me what was wrong. Why you were slowly pulling away from me, becoming quieter and more withdrawn.
I felt abandoned and lonely, and my creativity began to fall away like feathers from a molting bird.
I know you felt like I was judging you too harshly, that I was being unfair. And maybe I was. I waited for a long time, but nothing ever changed. In the depths of my loneliness, I was approached by someone else, someone who shared my passions and held a light of creativity unlike anything I had ever seen. I was immediately drawn towards that light, like a moth to a candle.
Offering a challenge with no judgement, no strings attached... I couldn't say no. Please don't misunderstand me. You and I shared many great moments. But what did you expect? Did you really think that I would wait around forever for you to come to your senses?
I had to move on. I hope that someday you will understand, and I hope you can see the new beauty that I am able to create without you.
Someday, I hope that we can do a photo challenge together again. Meanwhile, I will be exploring the art of reflections in random objects.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!
    I love this post, and picture.
    But I'm so vain, I kinda think this post is about me! ;p

    I'm intrigued by the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! Nah, Kent and I were having a friendly competition, but it dwindled down because we had judges... so then Holli asked me if I wanted to do a reflections thing with her, just for fun, no time frame, no judges, and I was like, "Yeah!!" Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. phew.... I was getting nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! No worries!! I won't leave you! =D

    ReplyDelete