Friday, August 13, 2010

Re-do

A session which was meant to focus on anger and rage, eliminating it... I am not sure if it was dealt with sufficiently. I may have to ask for a re-do. I did learn some things about myself, though, so all wasn't in vain.
My rage stems from feeling powerless, helpless and frustrated. If I can through EMDR find a way to change those affects within myself, then I think the rage will dissipate.
Today I have this knot of anger in me, and it makes me feel ill and antsy. It seems like my mind is just waiting for a small excuse to explode into violence and shouting. I won't, because I know the damage that sort of reaction would do to my kids, but I feel it strongly still.
Was last night a waste? Not completely, no. No experience is a waste.
Parting words of therapist: "Yes. He was a sadistic son-of-a-bitch."

No comments:

Post a Comment