Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wild Honey, Mine

Photo: One of my favorite places in Senegal, down by the Casamance River.

Whenever I hear this song, I think of my husband. He is my wild honey. I have loved him since I was a child, and I never want to go or grow without him.

Here are bits of lyrics from the song. (By U2)

In the days
When we were swinging from the trees
I was a monkey
Stealing honey from the swarm of bees
I could taste...
I could taste you even then
And I would chase you down the wind
You can go there if you please
Wild honey
And if you go there, go with me
Wild honey
Did I know you...
Did I know you even then?
Before the clocks kept time
Before the world was made
From the cruel sun
You were shelter...
You were my shelter and my shade
If you go there with me
Wild honey
You can do just what you please
Wild honey
Yeah, just blowing in the breeze
Wild honey
Im still standing...
I'm still standing where you left me
Are you still growing wild
With everything tame around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment