Thursday, April 23, 2015

Day 113

Zaia came flying into my room after we'd all gone to bed...I said, "What's up?" He said, "You didn't hear that thumping sound??" I said, "I heard you thumping... You scared?" 

"Yeah... Can I stay in here with you?" 

"Yep. Go to sleep."

I sensed him sitting straight up, and asked if he'd feel better if I had a knife or pepper spray close by.  He said, "I've got my pocket knife..." and laid down. 

After a few minutes, he said, "I freaked out over nothing, didn't I." 

"I think so, babe, but that's okay. I do, too, sometimes." 

And then he went back to his room. 

And I laid there for a long time, remembering how scared I was the last couple years of my marriage.  I moved into our guest room a year before we got divorced....I don't think I need to say why... And slept with the door locked and a knife under my pillow until I was finally able to move out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment